We had a great time meeting new faces in Kelowna on June 23rd -- over 15 people attended the meeting to connect, enjoy coffee in lovely outdoor surroundings at Brackenwoods B&B, discuss poly issues and challenges and plan for more local events!
Some of the topics we covered (and we did a LOT in two hours of talking) were:
- starting a men's poly group
- coming out to family
- communicating with groups from other alternative lifestyles
- planning and time management and poly
- poly legal issues
- the pros and cons of being poly
- building community
- discussing poly lifestyle and choices with children
A facebook group was set up and future events were planned (suggestions for dinners, poly movies and workshops were offered).
I really enjoyed the enthusiasm and diversity of this group's energy. I have a feeling poly is alive and well, and this group is going to attract more interesting people as time goes on. It was great having the opportunity to meet and learn from you all, and I hope to be back in Kelowna soon for another visit!